Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I got $20 in my pocket.


Theoretically, I have twenty dollars left to my name. There really are a great many items I could purchase with those last few dollars. I could purchase twenty dollars of fuel, which could last me a while in my truck. I could buy a few packs of cigarettes, but, why spend that much money just on death. I could buy food to last one person several days, at least. Though, it would not be nutritious food. I could buy lunch at work for a few days, but twenty dollars would last me much longer if I were to prepare meals ahead of time. It would be possible to go see a movie, but that would likely use all of the twenty; with the ticket, fuel to get there, and possible food. Twenty dollars could buy me some entertainment at home with a movie, or a new game for my PC. PC games can get incredibly cheap using different services, so several games could be had. I could use the twenty dollars on alcohol at the bar, and get maybe three drinks to drown my shame of spending my last money at a bar. A new shirt or pair of shoes would amount to roughly twenty dollars, and would be more practical than a lot of the things I could spend money on. Other than fuel, I would really spend the money on my family. I could get my fiancĂ© a new shirt, or my kids a few new shirts. I could take them all to the park for a picnic.  Most of the things I could buy with my last twenty seem extremely frivolous. Anything I spent my last money on, other than the resources in order to earn more money, would be asinine. Gasoline would be, by far, the most practical thing to purchase with my final twenty dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment